Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post-surgery update

Hi all,

It's me, post-menopausal Rachele.  Not feeling too bad two days post-surgery.  Much better than I was feeling on Tuesday.  Tuesday had more of "I feel like I'd been beaten up" feel to it. Today it's more of a "I did a really hard ab workout".

I definitely didn't prepare myself for how long this was going to put me out of commission.  No strenous exercise for at least two weeks.  Maybe I can start jogging in two weeks, but no heavy lifting (more than 10 pounds) for more like a month.  A month????  I can't pick up my girls for a month?  If I do, I risk a hernia, which I definitely don't want.  So fine, I'll rest.  Belle stayed home from school on Wednesday because she wasn't feeling great and because of the snow, both girls will be home this afternoon.  So no rest for the weary. 

2 comments:

  1. It's hard for me to imagine you not doing any strenuous exercise for 2 days, let alone 2 weeks! I hope you find some time for rest and relaxation during this time. You deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan! As you can imagine I'm a terrible patient.

    ReplyDelete