Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I need good vibes! Think "Cisplatin" or "12 weeks" if that's easier

Howdy everybody! Here are my thoughts for today.  Before I begin, thanks to everybody who has complimented me on this blog.  A few people have started sentences with, "So about your blog..." and thus far this has been followed by very nice feedback (to my great relief).  Even cooler was the woman from my workout class that said, "Somebody passed along your blog to me.  I love it!"  My blog is getting sent around?  Cool.  Nobody as of yet has said, "Have you considered finding a different outlet?  Perhaps one that doesn't involve writing?"  So thank you for that.  Of course, compliments only egg me on more.  Here are some random and non-random thoughts I've been having these past few days:

1.  I have had many people ask me in the last few weeks, "What can I do to help?"  I finally have an answer!  As you know, I'm in a clinical trial.  I had the last round of pre-trial tests today and I should find out by Thursday which group I'm in.  I need everybody to put all their brainpower/prayers/good vibes towards the following:  Please let Rachele be in the Cisplatin group.  Cisplatin is a big word that even I have a hard time remembering.  Another phrase you can use is: Please let Rachele be in the 12-week chemo group.  I should find out by Thursday which group I'm in. 
2.   As I prepare for chemo, scheduled to start May 13, my thoughts have been turning to hair accessories.  It occurred to me the other day that you don't see many turbans any more.  I plan on rocking the turban at some point.  In fact, I've already ordered one off of Etsy.   I can't imagine how this look ever went out of style.  Now I just need to find a good brooch.
 

3.  For those who have asked, I continue to research the medical marijuana issue.  It's statements like that that give me pause about sharing this blog with anybody from work.  In my defense, there was no pre-employment drug screen. 

4.  Any time I get sad about losing my hair, I think of all the money I'm going to save by not having to get hair cuts, highlights or that de-frizzing treatment I usually get in the summer. Plus, I can have straight hair for the first time in my life!

5.  Even if I don't get into the Cisplatin/Experimental/12-week group, I can still choose that chemo type for my post-surgery chemo.  But it's not as much fun if it's post-trial, you know?

To anybody that has left me a voicemail or sent me a message--thank you!  I have loved them.  I will eventually respond.  If you have taken the time to write me, I feel the least I can do is send you a response.  It just might take me a while.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachele, I formally accept your request to be your primary hair accessory advisor. I take this important role very seriously and will not let you down. --Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that Sean! This is a high pressure role so if you let me down I will hold a grudge for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachele please send me your mailing address(via FB message works)! I have a small round brooch not unlike the one in the picture that was Memere Holt's that I think will look lovely on your turban! It currently lives stuck to the wall in my cubicle and will be much better used as an accessory!!

    Storming the heavens for Cisplatin/12- xoxo, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get the brooch! I realized I'm missing a fox stole to go with the turban! Got any of those lying around? :)

    ReplyDelete