Monday, June 24, 2013

Lesson learned: Always keep the Kindle charged. Just in case.

I had my third(!) chemo treatment last Monday.  I felt more tired than I have been with previous treatments but was starting to feel better by Friday.  Then I woke up Saturday morning and felt strangely similar to how I had when I had pneumonia a few weeks ago.  So I called the oncologist on call and she sent me to BI`s ER.  I was there a few hours and was bored to tears.  Aaron stayed with the girls because we had plans to see friends.  Also, it seemed silly for Aaron to come with me.

If I haven't said it previously, I don't like hospitals.  Actually I loathe them.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  While my section of the ER is pretty quiet, they wheeled me through the rest of the ER on the way to my chest x-ray and it freaked me out.  The disease was everywhere. You are aware of how rampant MRSA is in hospitals, right?

While I was there I finished a book and there was no cell service.  I remembered to bring my Kindle, but it wasn't fully charged.  Also, it didn't occur to me to open it until I was almost ready to go, so it wasn't really a problem.  Still, after not watching it for many years, I have now become addicted to the Real World again.  I'm not ashamed to admit it, even if I should be.  However, lesson learned: you never know when you're going to end up in the hospital, so keep the Kindle fully charged at all times.  So I can spend my next hospital visit getting more caught up on Real World.

The good news is that it wasn't pneumonia.  I have just become a hypochondriac. Kind of a random, boring update but these posts can't all be deep thinking, folks.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that Real World is still on TV is NOT boring!

    ReplyDelete